Leatherby's Coupons

We love ice cream. We also love eating ice cream at Leatherby's. We also love using coupons to eat ice cream at Leatherby's.

My mother-in-law, knowing I will try to use a coupon ANYWHERE, handed me several Leatherby's coupons one day and said, "I figured you could probably use these."

I was thrilled, of course.

The next time Matt and I took the kids to Leatherby's, I pulled out the coupons and showed Matt our good fortune. He said they looked just like the coupons that he would get when he worked at Leatherby's 20 years ago. In fact, when he flipped over one of the coupons, it said, "Matt, call Paul." Hmmm... a phone message from his mom about his best friend in high school. It finally dawned on Matt that these WERE the same coupons from 20 years ago.

"Well, they don't have an expiration date," I pointed out, as I strolled up to the cashier to pay.

When I handed over the coupons, the cashier had a puzzled look on his face. He examined them for a minute and said, "Where did you get these?"

"From my mother-in-law," I replied.

He said, "Just a minute," and proceeded to talk to the manager.

I smiled sweetly as he came back and said, "These coupons must be at least 15 years old, but we'll still honor them."

So there is my plug for Leatherby's since they were so nice to honor 20 year old coupons. Their caramel and hot fudge sauce rocks!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dearest Aubree...

Dates with the Kids

Ode to the Birthday Boy!