Being a Mother

If any of you were driving down the street this morning, you may have seen me. I was the messy-haired woman in pajamas, slippers on my feet, standing in the road.

Yes, that was me, waving the blue viola case wildly to try to get the bus driver to stop the bus.

You see, I am a mother, and my daughter needed that viola for orchestra this morning.

I guess being a mother makes us do things like run down the street in PJ's, wear slippers in the snow, and stop the bus while several cars sit behind it, waiting. LUCKILY, the nice bus driver put out the "stop" sign and motioned for me to go ahead and cross the street while he waited.

Although my slippers are a little big and don't stay on my feet super well, I tried to take large strides to clear the road so those three cars sitting behind the bus could get to work. I especially liked it when they slowed down to watch me walk, with my floppy slippers, up the driveway. It was super lucky that I had my "floody" pajama pants on, too.

Yep, I am a mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dearest Aubree...

Dates with the Kids

Ode to the Birthday Boy!