Family Reunion or Mortgage Company Picnic?

Saturday we went to my company party at a park. I just started with a new mortgage company a few months ago, so I was excited to go to their BBQ to meet some of the people that I've only spoken to on the phone. (Our main office is in Provo.)

We got the directions to the park from Google, piled the kids in the mini-van, and drove to Pleasant Grove. I made a salad to contribute to the BBQ.

Keep in mind that I haven't met these people yet, so I am looking for a gathering of complete strangers...

We got to the park and saw a bunch of people at a pavilion. We parked the van and all piled out. We walked up to the food table and I uncovered my salad, took out my tongs, and the kids started picking up plates and getting drinks out of the cooler.

After getting my salad settled, I turned around and noticed the group of people going through scrapbooks. That didn't seem very mortgage-like to me, so I decided to ask.

I went up to a lady and said, "Excuse me, but could you tell me what organization this is?"

She replied, "It's the (something-something) family reunion."

"Oh, I am in the wrong place," I said. I turned around, told the kids to put the plates down and the root beers back in the cooler, grabbed my salad, without even covering it back up, and briskly walked away. I didn't look back as the kids whined, "But I'm really hungry, Mom!"

"How embarrassing," I told Matt. "At least this will make a fun blog story."

Matt said, "Yeah, the so-and-so family will probably blog about it, too. They will LOVE telling the story about the random family that came to the reunion, grabbed some root beers and then left."

We drove a little further into the park and found my actual company party. There were no scrapbooks involved (thank goodness!) and they had good food. The kids were thrilled!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dearest Aubree...

Dates with the Kids

The Story of the Patient Man