Things that make me smile

Here are a few things that made me smile over the past few days:

1. I saw Avatar for the first time last night. I told Matt, "Wow, that movie was a lot better than I expected." Truly, it was. Maybe my expectations had been set pretty low, but it was a really good flick.

2. In Stake Conference on Sunday, I looked over and Marcus had smuggled crocheting supplies into Aubree's bag. He was happily crocheting a hat with a loom. Yarn was swooped across the floor. Not sure if that is an appropriate church activity, but why not? If I let him color during church, why not crochet?

3. I was driving Aubree home from dance one night. In a completely incredulous way she said, "Mom, do you know that girls think Tyler is cute?" I couldn't help it and busted up at that. It was said like that thought had never occurred to her before.

4. Ah, my husband... he has done several things for me over the past few days that made me smile. One in particular was making sure the entire basement was spotless clean. Yes, he is amazing and helps so much around the house -- I could never work outside the home if he wasn't such a great help.

5. Caleb stayed home from school today because he was sick. The majority of his sickness was last night, but today he wasn't quite well enough to go to school. Because he was feeling mostly better, he was bored out of his mind. Determined to make sure his sick day was not fun enough to repeat, I told him he had to try to nap for at least 30 minutes. After about 5 minutes he walked into my office with his eyes closed and yawned, like he had just woken up. He said he had enough sleep and I had to smile at that. What a little actor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dearest Aubree...

Dates with the Kids

Ode to the Birthday Boy!