The Kohl's Dressing Room

The other night Matt and I were on a date. We went to dinner and on the way home I told him I needed to exchange some things at Kohl's, my favorite department store. Matt rolled his eyes and said, "Really? On our date??" Alas, he could not foresee that HE would be the one enjoying the date at Kohl's more than anyone else (or would he??? Bwaaaahaaaahaaa!)...

Once we got there he started browsing. Matt does not generally enjoy shopping, but once he starts browsing, look out! He ended up buying a couple of new suits and several outfits. He really needed them, so it was a productive date. (And who doesn't LOVE a productive date?)

At Kohl's the dressing rooms are not marked. They do not say, "Women's Dressing Room," or "Men's Dressing Room," or anything like that. I figure that if they don't spell it out, then it's a free-for-all for anyone who wants to try on items. We were in the Men's clothing section, but I went in the dressing room with him.

I sat on the bench while he tried on his clothes. No one else was in the dressing room, so we were talking freely and having some great conversations.

Matt left to get a different shirt size and I opted to stay in the dressing room to watch all our stuff. While Matt was gone another gentleman came in to try on something. He was in the stall next to us.

As Matt came back in the dressing room, this man came out and his buddy whistled at him. Matt turned and said, "Thank you," as if the guy had whistled at him. Funny.

Matt came in the dressing room stall and I decide to play a little joke on him. I put my feet up on the bench and didn't say a word. The other man went back in the stall right next to us and Matt proceeds to speak once he latched the door. "Yeah, they don't have my size in that color." "Man, I hate having such weird sizes." "I don't know, do I really like this enough to keep it?" Etc. Etc.

It took him a few minutes to realize why I wasn't ever answering him. I wanted the dude next to us to think he was crazy-talk-to-himself-man. I motioned to the feet next door and Matt rolled his eyes, "Funny," he said. A few seconds later... "C'mon, why do you do this to me?" I silently snickered as I listened to everything Matt said and pictured the guy hearing it as a one-sided conversation.

My poor husband puts up with so much from me, so I just wanted to tell him how much I love him. You are so fun, Matt! There is no one I would rather be on a date with -- especially in a Kohl's dressing room!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dearest Aubree...

Dates with the Kids

Ode to the Birthday Boy!